Fundamentals of Fetal Monitoring
Time & Location
About the Event
For new registered nurses or experienced RNs wishing for a refresher course to electronic fetal monitoring. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks. 7.5 CNEs For Nurses
- Identify the purpose of fetal monitoring
- Identify the components of the fetal heart rate and associated physiology
- Describe fetal monitoring baseline characteristics using the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology and criteria.
- Differentiate characteristics of Category I, II, and III patterns
- Explain the instrumentation for fetal heart and uterine activity monitoring.
- Explain various methods of antepartum testing
- Discuss the common nursing interventions related to fetal heart rate patterns and related maternal physiology
- Discuss the components of nursing documentation, legal issues and communication
UI Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
1. All participants must sign up for your own, individual, free zoom account. You can do so by going to https://zoom.us/ and clicking on the orange ‘Join for Free’ button. *Rationale: We will be using the polling feature where questions will be asked throughout the class. Once class is over we will be able to obtain the results of who answered which questions correctly/incorrectly which will serve as the test therefore giving us your result. IMPORTANT: If you don’t have your own zoom account your information will not appear on the post-course results and we cannot award CEs for the course. Simply entering the meeting and putting your name on the zoom screen will not cross over to your results- it’s the account that matters.
2. During registraion, the student will fill out an attestation that is required to attend the course and obtain the CEUs.
- Copy of Fundamentals of FM$0$0Sold Out