Fundamentals of Fetal Monitoring, Feb 18th
Time & Location
About the Event
For new registered nurses or experienced RNs wishing for a refresher course to electronic fetal monitoring. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks. Applied for 7.75 CNEs For Nurses
- Identify the purpose of fetal monitoring
- Identify the components of the fetal heart rate and associated physiology
- Describe fetal monitoring baseline characteristics using the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology and criteria.
- Differentiate characteristics of Category I, II, and III patterns
- Explain the instrumentation for fetal heart and uterine activity monitoring.
- Explain various methods of antepartum testing
- Discuss the common nursing interventions related to fetal heart rate patterns and related maternal physiology
- Discuss the components of nursing documentation, legal issues and communication
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91)
Criteria for successful completion for contact hour
-Attendance for the entire presentation.
-A post-test of 80% or higher. Remedation recommended if <80% with employer.
-Complete an evaluation form.
7.75 contact hours will be awarded
1. All participants must individually be logged onto a device with their own name, in Zoom. All participants must be able to access Zoom and Google forms. If you are using a computer at your organization for the class, check to make sure Zoom and Google forms can be accessed with your IT department.
2. During registraion, the student will fill out an attestation that is required to attend the course and obtain the CEUs.
- FOFM$0$0Sold Out