Mon, Nov 28|
Fundamentals of Fetal Monitoring, November 28, 2022
*Online Course* hosted by University of Chicago and Northwest Illinois-Rockford APC. This course is for novice registered nurses who will be providing fetal monitoring to antepartum and intrapartum patients. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks.
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2022, 8:00 AM CST – Nov 29, 2022, 4:30 PM CST
About the Event
*Online Course* hosted by University of Chicago and Northwest Illinois-Rockford Administrative Perinatal Centers.
For registered nurses, new to fetal monitoring, with at least 2 weeks of fetal monitoring experience at the time of class. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks. 7.75 CNEs For Nurses
- Identify the purpose of fetal monitoring
- Identify the components of the fetal heart rate and associated physiology
- Describe fetal monitoring baseline characteristics using the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology and criteria.
- Differentiate characteristics of Category I, II, and III patterns
- Explain the instrumentation for fetal heart and uterine activity monitoring.
- Explain various methods of antepartum testing
- Discuss the common nursing interventions related to fetal heart rate patterns and related maternal physiology
- Discuss the components of nursing documentation, legal issues and communication
Criteria for successful completion for contact hours
vAttendance for the entire presentation.
vA post-test of 80% or higher.
vComplete an evaluation form.
7.75 contact hours will be awarded
*Participants must have access to a computer that has a microphone & video camera. Video camera will be required to be on for the duration of the course*
Zoom information and class handouts will be sent the week before class to the email used at registration.