Mon, Oct 03|
Fundamentals of Fetal Monitoring, October 3rd 2022
*Online Course* hosted by UIC and Rush APC This course is for novice registered nurses who will be providing fetal monitoring to antepartum and intrapartum patients. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks.
Time & Location
Oct 03, 2022, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM CDT
About the Event
*Online Course* hosted by UIC and Rush Administrative Perinatal Center
For registered nurses, new to fetal monitoring, with at least 2 weeks of fetal monitoring experience at the time of class. This course is offered only to RNs working within Illinois Perinatal Networks. 7.75 CNEs For Nurses
- Identify the purpose of fetal monitoring
- Identify the components of the fetal heart rate and associated physiology
- Describe fetal monitoring baseline characteristics using the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology and criteria.
- Differentiate characteristics of Category I, II, and III patterns
- Explain the instrumentation for fetal heart and uterine activity monitoring.
- Explain various methods of antepartum testing
- Discuss the common nursing interventions related to fetal heart rate patterns and related maternal physiology
- Discuss the components of nursing documentation, legal issues and communication
Criteria for successful completion for contact hours
vAttendance for the entire presentation.
vA post-test of 80% or higher.
vComplete an evaluation form.
7.75 contact hours will be awarded
1. All participants must individually be logged onto a device with their own name, in Zoom. All participants must be able to access Zoom and Google forms. If you are using a computer at your organization for the class, check to make sure Zoom and Google forms can be accessed with your IT department.
2. During registraion, the student will fill out an attestation that is required to attend the course and obtain the CEUs.